This past week, bloggers descended on the Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse and Construction Junction to learn about reuse in the region. After a behind the scenes tour, the bloggers enjoyed a potluck and joined in a monthly “Meet n’ Make” activity – this time decorating a tree to be donated to a local women’s shelter.
This is part of our semi-regular #BlogMob adventures. Highlights of the evening:
- Glimpse into how all that wonderful reuse “stuff” is stored and exactly how we can be good donors
- Met a group that’s creating a yarn “cover” for one of the Three Sister bridges – crocheting and knitting
- Incredible potluck – a little something for everyone
- Feeling empowered to “make” regardless of skill or experience
- Learning how Pittsburgh’s reuse organizations work collaboratively on everything from storage to programming
- Witnessing the passion & devotion of the program employees and volunteers – working year round in warehouse conditions to help the environment is not the most comfortable setting
Enjoy some of our photos and be sure to check out our “Storify” timeline with tweets, pics and blogposts from other participants.
#BlogMob will be taking a break for the holidays. If you’d like to invite local bloggers to your establishment, please contact us to discuss.