Traditional mopping has been serving the people of this world well when it comes to keeping the household clean. With the advances in technology, however, steam cleaners are slowly replacing traditional mops in many households.
Steam Insider did some research and compared the old fashioned way of cleaning to modern carpet and hard floor cleaners.
Following are the pros and cons of traditional mopping and steam cleaning.
- It is inexpensive.
- It provides good workout for the body.
- Better for taking care of stubborn dirt or stain.
- Requires extra detergent.
- Makes the floor soppy with water.
- Requires extra equipment such as scrubs.
- The extremely hot steam takes care of most of the germs without the need for detergents.
- Does not leave the floor soppy. Floor dries up soon after cleaning.
- Does not require additional equipment.
- Steam helps loosen up dirt and grime making it easy to clean.
- Perfect if the floors are cleaned frequently.
- Completely eco-friendly.
- Can be used on a variety of surfaces such as mosaic and hard wood.
- These are expensive.
- You might need to use scrub in case of stubborn dirt and stain.
These are the pros and cons of traditional mopping and steam cleaning. If you need quality cleaning at a fast pace, steam cleaning is definitely the way to go.